Friday, September 5, 2008

Nice Work If You Can Get It...

And I have got it! Let me tell you how... (Anyone get the Cybil/Fred Astaire/Ira Gershwin reference? probably not). Anyway, I was giving the big kids a bath the other night and Dexter started pouring water over Lucy's head. To my astonishment Lucy didn't flinch. She sat there patiently letting Dexter do his thing. This is when Dexter looks at me and says, "I'm taking care of Lucy. Taking care of Lucy is a great job." It would do me good to keep this perspective more often. Lucy is pretty wonderful and taking care of her (along with Dexter and Hazel) is a pretty great job. I am a lucky mom.


And on the Hazel front not only is she rolling all around she is so mobile she might as well be crawling. She is doing this thing that resembles doggy paddling on the floor and getting around quite well like that. She can also hold her own bottle, which is interesting because she has only been getting them often recently, but she can also put her binky in her mouth when given to her! She is too young to do that kind of stuff. Can I hire a baby whisperer to come and tell her to stop growing up so fast, PLEASE! She won't listen to me. She just sees her big brother and sister and is too eager to start playing with them. She is so fun though. She just has one smile and it is the "smile as big as half my face" smile. She is such a happy child. This post is helping me to count my blessings. Some days, like when I am sick and want to lay in bed and nurse myself not a baby, it can be hard to remember. I always have Dexter to remind me what a great job I have!



3 comments:

Sicily said...

ahh, dexter is such a great big brother! You have done well!

Lindsay said...

SO cute-i did get the reference and you are so right. it is a pretty fabulous job! Fun to find out you have a blog. I just love your cute little family!

Lindsay said...

That was so sweet of you to put my photography up as a link! Thank you!