Thursday, September 25, 2008

Love Songs

Yesterday, as I was working out, there was a 9 year-old guitar playing prodigy on the Today Show. This reminded me of a couple of Sunday's ago when Dexter, Rich and occasionally Lucy were having an awesome jam session. It was really cute. Rich blogged about it on our other website. (http://saupes.spaces.live.com/) I am pretty sure we have a musical genius in our Dexter. He has been grooving with beats from a very young age. Which brings me to the reason for this blog: today I was getting pretty frustrated because as I was elbow deep in dishes when Lucy started throwing a tantrum in her shrill-girl tone which woke Hazel up from a nap, so she started crying too. Dexter came up to me with his little guitar and said, "Mom, I'm going to sing you a love song." He started strumming away singing, "I love you. I love you. I love you..." Too precious. I love HIM. Dexter is awesome. I am pretty lucky lady to have a musical genius write me my very own love song.


And as a side note I meant to do a blog on Sunday but the day(s) have gotten away from me. On that day Rich and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. It seems like much longer because we dated for 4 years prior to getting married. But this has been such an amazing, crazy, wonderful, whirlwind marriage with 3 kids, 3 moves, purchasing our first home and 3 job changes for Rich. I am so happy every day that I was blessed with such a wonderful husband. I love him more than I can even say. (And since Rich has written, composed and recorded a few songs for me as well, I guess I am a EXTREMELY lucky lady.)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh! One of my lifelong dreams is to date a guy that has a garage band, writes a song for me, and goes big. (I don't know how that's going to work out unless Clay starts taking some interest in music.) And you have two! Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled. And so SWEET!

Unknown said...

You have such a cute family! I remember one time you brought a cd into work with a song Rich made for you...had something to do with a truck...lol! Happy Anniversary =)

Sicily said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like all is well...miss you guys!

Erica said...

SO ADORABLE!!! I was glad to hear the good news about Hazel's heart as well!

Scott and Mary said...

HI Rainbow, I just wanted to tell you I love having you in YW and Mikelle thinks you are so fun! It is fun hearing about your family, I didn't know how the heart problems, that's scary. I look forward to getting to know you better! Mary