Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lucy Loo Who




Blogging is a bit like journaling, a very public journal. But it does seem cathartic, in the way the writing down my thoughts seems to help me sort through them. So in that vain I feel the need to blog about my little Lucy. She has been giving me a rough time lately. She just turned two last month and she really seems to have a handle down on the terrible two attitude. She has been one big emotional roller coaster. And, whether I like it or not, I am along for the ride.


This picture was from her birthday last month and I think it describes her very well. She loves pink and purple, all things princess (especially Ariel), shoes and purses. But will try and out-do her brother at anything rowdy and rambunctious. She is a rough and tumble girly-girl. I know it's an oxymoron but that's my Lucy. Here she is in her fairy princess outfit, complete with heels, riding her new bike. And of course, she wanted a bike because that's what brother got for his birthday.

Yesterday I was blow-drying my hair and she comes into the bathroom and says, "I'm beautiful." I said, "I know." Then she said, "I'm tough." Again, I said, "I know." She then yelled out, "I'm GREAT!" What could I reply but, "I know. I am glad you think so too!" Another good example of my little Lucy Loo Who. Beautiful. Tough. GREAT!
I worry about her because she is becoming a very sensitive little heart. Everything seems to hit her hard and she gets very emotional. When she cries she sobs so hard that it becomes difficult for her to breathe. I remember crying like that as a child (and beyond). I also have a sensitive heart and suffered from a very low self-esteem partly because of it. I was 26 or so before I realized that my sensitivity was something I really liked about myself. So I don't want to get too frustrated with her, or show her frustration because I am sure that will effect her self-esteem. I don't want her to feel bad for having a sensitvie heart because she'll have all kinds of awesome qualities that she wouldn't have otherwise . But it is hard not to get frustrated at crying once you've heard it for hours on end (and/or have two/three doing it at the same time). So if anyone out there in the bloggersphere has words of wisdom on this, I'd love to hear it.
But there is nothing like my Lucy. When she laughs and smiles and looks at you with those big eyes through those long, curly lashes, it makes your heart melt. When she looks you straight in the eyes and sings You Are My Sunshine, it make your heart melt. When she takes both hands and grabs you by the cheeks to kiss you on the lips, it make your heart melt. When she lightly rubs your hair and face and says, "I love you SO much", it makes your heart melt. She is such a special little girl and I hope she always remembers that she is "Beautiful. Tough. GREAT!"

3 comments:

The Seven Zolls said...

I will let you know when I have any words of wisdom on the whole "emotional rollercoasters" that are little girls. I have four you know. I figure since they are 10/9/and almost 7, that gives me 26 years of expierience with the little she-devils. I have only come to one conclusion... there will never EVER be a lack of drama over anything at anytime. I blame it all on estrogen! He he he.

Erica said...

Rainbow, your kids are simply darling! You are doing an amazing job with 3, 3 and under. Lucy eyes are so stunning! I think girls are definitely a different breed than boys! I am already noticing the difference and Kate is only one.

Sicily said...

Hannah is quite sensitive too. She gets her feelings hurt just by a boy who sigh's at her & won't sit by her for a few minutes. But like you, I am sensitive. You have a beautiful family!! When you get the words of wisdom, please let me know!!!