Monday, August 18, 2008

Stories, -ism's and others


Kids really do say the darndest things. And a major reason for starting this blog is because I need a place to write down all the funny things my kids say (and do but that is for another day). Just today I was putting Dexter down for his nap and he says to me, "Mommy, I need water. My stomach is cracking me up." Twice today he also said, "I'll never be a stinker again." Promises, promises... But I want to remember these things forever.
Currently the Lucy-ism's is the word "actually". She likes to say, "I love Hazel, actually," (emphasis, with an attitude, added to actually). Or "No, actually," (in answer to a question, same emphasis and attitude). One saying that Lucy had, which for the most part has sadly faded away, is "Awwwwww, Hazel is SOOOO cute." Never has a truer sentence been said.
Today at dinner we had onion rings (healthy, I know) and Dexter said, "These are good tamborines." He also told a story that went something like this: "Last year when I was outside there was a bug and it was KILLING me right here (points to shoulder) and I could NOT BELIEVE it. It was a firefly." Everything is/was/happened last year for him. I love his stories as of late. A 3 year olds imagination is so fun.
Awhile ago we bought Dexter a new car seat. Sometime last week, as I was strapping him in his new car seat, I asked him if he liked it. He said, "Indeed, I do!" I chuckled about this the whole car ride home and beyond. In fact, I am still chuckling about it. I told my sister and she asked me when Dexter became an old Englishman. I am not sure but it was very funny. Another great story that isn't so much funny as it is sweet is when Gummy (Grandma Saupe) came to town a few weekends ago. Gummy has hair that everyone in the family calls "The Puff". On the way home from the airport Dexter said, "Gummy, I like your hair." I think that made her day. INDEED, she does have nice hair!

No comments: