Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day was Awesome!!!

So I had spent some time getting the video together (see below) for Rainbow and she absolutely loved it so I am very grateful for that. I was very pleased with my wife and kids efforts on my behalf. It was just a great weekend for me. I came home Friday a little early and found my wife and kids making heart shaped cookies for me. It was super sweet.... Hahaha get it... sweet... OK I'm a dork, but who cares I'm married now so I don't have to be cool. I took a quick picture of their work.


Awesome huh. They ROCK! We finished Friday off by watching Matagascar 2 while trying to cuddle on the couch. Then Saturday morning they all gave me some candy, but immediately wanted me to open it up and give it back to them. Haha. The little stinkers. Every time I sat down Dexter would come over and say, "Dad, you should open the spiderman chocolates now." I held him off the WHOLE day and when I finally did open the candy up it was gone in a flash. But I have to tell ya, sharing it was what really made me happy... well that and seeing them chomping at the bit all day. I am so mean. It was a great day that started off snowing and we took the kids and packed them in the car to go to COSTCO. I hate having to do that in the snow, but it needed to get done. Our typical trip is to hit COSTCO early, get the shopping done by noon, then sit and have COSTCO pizza for lunch and then head back home for naps. Well by the time we went home the sun was out and it was a beautiful day. Fast forward to night time, we put the kids to bed and then had a great dinner by candle light. My wife made a totellini in a crab and mushroom sauce. It hit all the right spots. My contribution was a cesar salad kicked up with some sweet yellow bell peppers. Mmmmm. It wasn't as nice as a quiet dinner out, but did the trick. It was great. I love my family sooo much and this weekend was so wonderful to spend together. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful people around me. We got to take some pictures too. Here they are.

2 comments:

The Seven Zolls said...

Your Valentine was indeed awesome. You two make some pretty sweet brown eyed little people. I enjoy reading your blog and hearing all the cute things they say.

Erica said...

Your family is so dang cute!